LENT, HOLY WEEK & EASTER SEASON 2022
Palm Sunday, April 10
- Palm Sunday Worship at 9:00AM + Parade. We will hear the story and be the story together… with trikes and bikes and walkers and wheelchairs and wagons and strollers…and posters or banners or signs…with palms…and shouts of Hosanna. We will decorate before worship, parade around the parking lot and through the sanctuary, have a Palm Sunday worship and then take the parade outside again. There will be drums and cymbals and all things percussion to play. We will make crosses from palms, have coffee and treats and remember the beginning of Jesus’ Passion story. Parade Prep 8:00 – 9:00 AM (outdoors if great weather, narthex if not) and Worship at 9:00 AM.
Maundy Thursday, April 14
- Worship with First Communion at 6:30 PM
Good Friday, April 15
- Traditional Worship at Noon in the Peace Sanctuary
- Outdoor Evening Worship at Sunset at Schumacher Farm. This begins at 7:15 PM. Sunset is scheduled at 7:41PM. Join us as we watch the darkness of Good Friday come to us…in the very place we will gather to celebrate Easter at Sunrise on the morning a couple of days later. Bring lawn chairs, flashlights and blankets to keep you warm.
EASTER SUNDAY CELEBRATION, April 17
- Sunrise (6:12 AM) at Schumacher Farm with fire pits and donuts to follow. Bring your own coffee and lawn chairs.
- Festival Worship: 9:00 AM and 10:30 AM in the Sanctuary. Brass, Choirs, Bells, Resurrection and more will be celebrating the Good News of Easter. Join us for one or more of these amazing services.
Also offered during this Lenten Season…
Lenten Book Study: “Refugia Faith: Seeking Hidden Shelters, Ordinary Wonders, and the Healing of the Earth” by Debra Rienstra is the focus of our Lenten book study. (Contact the church office for a copy of the book: email@example.com). There will be two opportunities for discussion:
- Discussion Wednesday, March 16 at 6:00 PM. Tim Van Deelen will lead us in a discussion of this book in person…and on Zoom. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate on Zoom.
- Worship with the Author, March 20 at 9:00 AM The author, Debra Rienstra, will join us on Sunday, March 20 at 9:00 AM worship to share about the rational for the book related to her faith.
A Lenten Home Kit is available for pick up in the church office. Following our Lenten theme, “Create in me, in us, in the world…a clean heart”, it’s an opportunity to help you in your Lenten practice over the next 40 days. Instructions and ideas for how it works are included with the kit.