We have been living Lent for the best part of a full year. This Pandemic has forced us to think about a lot of things. It has also invited us throughout the whole year to turn from death to life, to protect our neighbors, to live in new ways with faith and hope.
So, it seemed important as we enter the season of Lent this year to offer a fresh word….in a fresh way. We decided to take advantage of an opportunity to have a guest speaker each week during the Lenten journey because if we were doing this in person, it couldn’t happen this way. Why not take advantage of this opportunity to do something fresh?
We have recruited the Rev. Dr. Anna Madsen to do a Lenten series for us. It is called Pandemic Lent: A Fusion of Hues. She is an amazing Luther scholar, has incredible wisdom, is an engaging speaker and has so much to share that is relevant to our weariness in the midst of the Pandemic. The presentations we will be part of with Anna include:
- February 17: Resurrection
- February 24: Death/Loss/Doubt. (Replay can be found HERE)
- March 3: Lament/Trust. (Replay can be found HERE)
- March 10: Holy Spirit as Breath and Trickster (Replay can be found HERE)
- March 17: Process Theology (Replay can be found HERE)
- March 24: Holy Saturday as the cradle of complementary/ competing truths (Replay can be found HERE)
For a complete description of each week’s topic, download the following overview: